Rooibos Rocks with rum, vanilla and cinnamon
Thanksgiving is a time for gathering family and friends around and celebrating all the good things that have happened this year. OK, in many ways 2020 hasn’t been the best year ever (no kidding!) but it was pretty tough for the Pilgrim Fathers too. However, they realised it was important to celebrate coming through it! This chai hot toddy recipe will certainly help to spread the goodwill and boost everyone’s spirits (oops, my hand slipped and I slightly overdid the rum…).
THE CHAI ROOIBOS ROCKS HOT TODDY
INGREDIENTS:Makes 6 servings
- 3 Rooibos Rocks Chai teabags
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 30g soft brown sugar
- 11/2 tablespoon clear honey
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk
- 135ml dark rum (optional)
- 6 teaspoon single cream
- 6 star anise
- Bring 600ml water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the teabags, vanilla, and cinnamon (cut the vanilla pod in half and split lengthways).
- Give it a good stir, turn off the heat and let it all infuse for 6 minutes.
- Squeeze out the teabags and discard.
- Add the sugar and honey then stir till it dissolves.
- Remove pan from the heat and add rum (only 135ml mind!)😉
- Pour into 6 mugs or heatproof glasses.
- Give thanks and enjoy