Rooibos Rocks Berry Sorbet
It's RECIPE TIME 🍹 . . . Sorbet for those summer days :
And this one is for the kids (although I have yet to meet an adult that didn't like this one) 😎
4 oranges, halved
3 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1 Rooibos Rocks teabag
3/4 cup Caster sugar
2.2 lbs strawberries, washed and halved
1 1/4 cups blueberries, washed
2 tbsp lemon juice
A few fresh cherries with the stalk
1. Squeeze out the juice from the halved oranges into a bowl. (keep the halved orange shells for presentation)
2. Pass through a sieve and heat in a saucepan with the sugar and 1tsp of ginger for 5-10 minutes to make a light syrup.
3. Remove from heat add the teabag and steep until cool.
4. Remove the teabag and chill the syrup for 30 minutes to an hour.
5. Meanwhile, smooth out the orange shells and freeze.
6. Blend the berries, remaining ginger and lemon juice until smooth and chill.
7. Mix the fruit pulp with the orange syrup until well combined and freeze in a metal container for 3 ½ hours until frozen.
8. Blend the frozen mixture until the crystals are smooth. Freeze for an hour, blend and freeze again until needed.
9. Scoop out the sorbet in the frozen orange shells, top with cherries and serve 🍊
Share this post
- Tags: Rooibos Recipe