Rooibos Chai Rocks with sugar and spice and all things nice!
It’s hard to beat a well baked brownie. But we think this recipe kicks things up a notch.
We’re biased (obviously) but believe that adding in some Rooibos Rocks Chai not only makes for an even richer flavor but introduces an intriguing spiciness that transports your taste buds to far off India, conjures up images of the Taj Mahal at sunrise, the Golden Temple at Amritsar and the heavenly Lake Palace of Udaipur. Really? Yes, this recipe is that good!
ROOIBOS ROCKS CHAI BROWNIES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (tip: use cacao powder for a healthier treat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rooibos Rocks Chai (open up two teabags)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
Preparing the butter
- Melt the unsalted butter in a medium pot over low heat until just liquid.
- Tear open 2 Rooibos Rocks Chai teabags and add contents directly to the pot of melted butter and continue to heat for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve, pressing hard on the tea leaves and then discarding them.
- Before using the butter in the recipe let it cool to room temperature. Use your waiting time to prepare the rest of the brownie recipe.
Making the brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a baking dish with butter.
- In a medium bowl sift the cocoa powder and sugar together. Now add the Rooibos Rocks Chai infused butter,
- Add the vanilla extract along with the eggs, beating each egg in one at a time.
- Gently sift and stir in the flour.
- Pour your mixture into your grassed baking pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan and then cut and enjoy with a cup of Rooibos Rocks!
Share this post
- Tags: Rooibos recipes