Every day feels like July 4th when you’re drinking Rooibos Rocks Sangria Rocktails!
Independence Day is approaching and you have the absolute right to party, play and pursue happiness. Want to really get your celebration rockin’? This Iced Rooibos Rocks and Grapefruit Sangria will really do the trick on July 4th (or 5th, 6th, 7th…it’s so good that you’ll want to enjoy it all summer long!).
ICED ROOIBOS ROCKS AND GRAPEFRUIT SANGRIA
- 750ml (3 cups) boiling water
- 4 Rooibos Rocks teabags or 2 tablespoons of Rooibos Rocks loose leaf tea.
- 5 cloves
- 2 star anise (+ optional extra, to garnish)
- 1 cinnamon stick (+ optional extra, to garnish)
- 250ml (1 cup) grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 250ml (1 cup) red wine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) vermouth
- 1 grapefruit, halved and sliced
- 2 clementines / tangerines / small oranges, sliced
- Raw honey, to taste
- Ice blocks
- In a medium saucepan, off the heat, combine the boiling water, tea and spices. Allow to steep for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea and discard. Add the grapefruit juice, red wine, vermouth and fruit slices.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat and allow to bubble gently for 10 minutes. Taste and add honey as needed.
- Pour into a pitcher and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. (Ideally overnight)
- Serve with the slices of fruit and ice in glasses, garnished with extra whole star anise and cinnamon sticks (If preferred).
Prep time 30 minutes
Makes 1.6 Litres (1.7 quarts) - approx. 6 x 8oz glasses.