Rooibos Rocks for a healthy 2021
New Year, new you – ‘tis the season of resolutions! Since we’ve spent 2020 living under a Covid cloud the desire for renewed health and wellness is sure to be stronger than usual at this time of year. Whatever kind of weight loss, detox, or wellbeing diet you go for, one thing is certain - Rooibos Rocks makes a refreshing and healthy accompaniment to them all. Read on to discover why!
Do your diet due diligence
There’s no shortage of diets to choose from, each with its own particular pros and cons (and the wackier ones may well be cons!). We’ve listed some of the most popular diets but don’t have space to go into details. You’ll have to do your own research and find the one that suits you best.
The Paleo Diet is based on the idea that we should go back to eating the same as our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate before we got the hang of growing stuff. That means ditching grains, dairy, and processed foods in favor of whole foods, lean protein, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds.
The Ultra-Low-Fat Diet restricts your consumption of fat to under 10% of daily calories.
Rooibos - the ultimate diet-friendly brew
These diets are all pretty different but they all have similar goals – to help you get in better shape and improve your wellbeing. Combining them with traditional tea and coffee is often discouraged. Both beverages contain caffeine, which is not great if you are trying to detox your system. Rooibos, however, is caffeine-free and ideal if you are trying to clear your system of stimulants. Also, tea and coffee can be slightly bitter, which invites you to add sugar. Rooibos, however, is naturally sweet so there’s less temptation to load it with sugar. It’s also calorie free and therefore the ideal weight loss beverage.
- Rooibos contains a flavonoid that reduces inflammation. It’s great for easing skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and rashes. It also helps with joint pains, heart problems, and digestive complaints.
- Rooibos is rich in antioxidants, including Quercetin, Aspalathin, and Chrysoeriol. These may help prevent damage caused by excess free radicals in the body and guard you against serious health issues such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Rooibos can reduce the production of the stress hormone called cortisol. And being caffeine-free won’t rev your system up. It can help you relax and sleep better, all of which are super important for your wellbeing.
- The antioxidants in Rooibos can boost your immune system and help your body fight off infection – just what you need when Covid is about.
- Rooibos can be beneficial for heart health by reducing levels of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme, bringing down blood pressure, and helping with weight management.