Rooibos and Cranberry Muffins
If you're like us, then nothing beats a delicious muffin for breakfast with a warm cup of soothing Rooibos tea. These muffins are not only delicious and super healthy, but so easy to bake too. Whip them up as a healthy, simple breakfast on the run, or as a yummy after-school snack for your kids. However you use them, one thing's for sure, these Rooibos Rocks Muffins are sure to rock your world!
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Rooibos Rocks Chai tea bag
- 1 cup of superfine sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a muffin pan or line with paper muffin cases.
- Heat the milk and add the Rooibos Rocks Chai tea bag. Allow to steep for 5 mins and then remove. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs lightly with a handheld electric mixer for 1 min.
- Add the butter and milk and beat until just combined and then add sugar and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking powder and mix until just smooth. Be careful not to over-mix the batter as this will make the muffins tough. Stir in the cranberries.
- Fill muffin pan/cases two-thirds full and bake for 20-25 mins, until risen, firm to the touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- If the trays will not fit on 1 shelf, swap the shelves around after 15 mins of cooking. Leave the muffins in the tin to cool for a few mins and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 12 large muffins.
- If you want to make chocolate muffins, swap 1 cup of the all-purpose flour for 1 cup of cocoa powder and 1 tsp baking powder.
- If you prefer your muffins with a bit more of a bran texture, you can swop one of the cups of all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
- Self-raising flour can be used instead of all-purpose flour, you would then omit the baking powder.