Ah, summer. The time of picnics, barbeques and pool parties…
BUT…also the time of elevated stress levels. Yes, we know trying to cater for everyone at family gatherings can be tough. We also know that the extreme heat only adds to your grief – which tea lover wouldn’t be grumpy if the weather was just too hot for them to comfortably enjoy a soothing cup of tea?
Not to worry though Rooibos Rocks has your back.
ROOIBOS TO THE RESCUE
Rooibos tea is extremely versatile meaning it can be enjoyed both HOT or COLD. So you can still enjoy the health benefits of rooibos tea, not forgetting its calming effects – which will probably come in handy if you’ve been busy with last-minute preparations.
You don’t have to enjoy your cold rooibos treat alone though. We have a recipe for a healthy, sparkling rooibos drink that the ENTIRE family will enjoy. This sparkling peach and rooibos iced tea is a real crowd-pleaser making it the ideal thirst quencher for your next (stress-free) family gathering.
Peach and Rooibos iced tea
- 4 Organic Rooibos Rocks Teabags
- 2 pints boiling water
- 1/2 cup of peach juice
- Honey to taste (optional)
- Ice blocks
- Sparkling water (of your choice)
- Peach slices
- Fresh mint leaves
- Add 4 Organic Rooibos Rocks Teabags to 2 pints of boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add 1/2 cup of peach juice.
- Leave the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, place your peach and rooibos tea in the refrigerator.
- Fill your glass ¾ of the way up with your refrigerated peach and rooibos tea.
- Throw in a few ice cubes.
- Pour in some sparkling water and stir well.
- Add honey to taste.
- Decorate with peach slices and mint leaves.
WHY STOP WITH PEACH JUICE?
No day is exactly the same, so why should your iced tea be?
Replace the peach juice in this recipe with any other fruit juice, or even a combination of fruit juices and/or spices.
Alternatively, visit our website to see what other flavors of organic rooibos tea you can use in this recipe.