We all feel tired and drained from time to time. Often, simply taking a moment to relax and sip on a soothing cup of tea is what we need to bounce back. If you have been experiencing fatigue and low levels of energy for long periods of time, however, it might be a sign that…your body needs a detox…
Go ahead, breathe a sigh of relief. At Rooibos Rocks we know you’re secretly pleased that we didn’t just say “it might be a sign that you’re getting old”.
We’ve helped you identify the possible cause of your lethargy but what’s the best solution?… Find a detox/cleansing product, maybe?
Turns out reaching for some special detox/cleansing product may not be your best bet after all…
So what else can you reach for?
Answer: all-natural, caffeine free and antioxidant rich rooibos tea of course! It is a natural diuretic which may assist in flushing out toxins from your body. Being high in anti-oxidants means it may also protect your cells from free radical damage.
Combine rooibos with other wholesome and antioxidant rich ingredients and you’ll have a detox tea that really packs a punch. We would like to share a recipe for one such tea with you, in the hopes that it will help get your fatigued-self rocking and rolling again, in no time.
Roy-commended all-natural, preservative-free detox tea
- 6 cups of water
- 4 Rooibos Rocks’ all-natural rooibos tea bags
- 1 chunk fresh ginger (approx. 5-6″ in length)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ fresh lemon juice
- Peel ginger and dice into thin slices.
- Pour water into a large pot or saucepan. Add in the ginger and 4 rooibos tea bags.
- Place pot or saucepan on a stovetop set at high heat.
- Bring to a boil and then turn to low heat and allow the mixture to simmer (approx. 10 minutes).
- After 10 minutes, add the cinnamon sticks, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Allow the mixture to simmer on a low heat for a further 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, let cool and then strain.
This recipe makes about 6 cups of highly concentrated detox tea which can be stored in a glass container in the fridge for later use.
- Fill a glass with 6 oz of hot or cold water
- Pour in ¼ cup of the concentrated detox tea you have made
- Add in the juice of ½ a fresh lemon
- Sit back and enjoy your natural, preservative-free detox tea
Recipe adapted from NOURISH MOVE LOVE
Try it out for yourself
Kristin Chenoweth once said that “As much as you can eat healthy, it’s also important to remember to drink healthy too. Tea is very healing.”. So don’t just take our word for it when we say that this detox tea could potentially help flush out toxins and boost your energy significantly. Try it out for yourself.
While you’re at it, why not experiment with other flavor combinations? Visit our online store to see our variety of rooibos products that can feature in your custom detox tea recipe.
Feel the Goodness!
The Rooibos Rocks family